Translate

Monday 1 June 2020

Lavinia stamps June challenge

The June Challenge Theme is...
 Woodland Magic.

Good evening, hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine on this beautiful day.
June has arrived so its time for a new Challenge, you could win a £40 gift voucher to spend in the Lavinia store if your the lucky winner picked at random. 
For full details on the challenge please visit the Lavinia Creative Challenge page.
Good luck. Stay safe

For my first Sample this month I used the following products:
For the background I used weathered wood, antique linen and old paper, blended onto smooth stamping card. used a piece of ripped paper for hills and as a mask for background trees,
then stamped the Fairy Fir Tree in the background using vintage photo distress ink. then stamped the Tree of wisdom and Vine in versafine Clair Acorn ink. colored the tree with tea dye distress ink, before adding small berries on the tree and vine with a red glitter pen. 
Finally stamped  Rory and Darcy with Nocturne Clair ink and Field grass with forest moss distress ink. then highlighted with clear gel pen.


I used the following products on sample 2.
                                                                     Fairy Fir Tree
I blended mowed lawn and seedless preserves ink onto smooth stamping card with a blending tool,
I then stamped the Forest so green words with peeled paint (second generation stamping)
Using Shady lane and Acorn versafine Clair I stamped the Fairy Fir Tree randomly to represent a woodland. the lavender was stamped next in dusty Concorde, then the bunnies and fairies in black nocturne Clair ink. Finally stamped the Wallace family in acorn Clair ink before highlighting with a clear gel pen.


For my final sample I used the following products.

Decided to use sparkle pen for the background of this card, took the lid off the pen, then oops there was ink all over the work area! I decided to mop it up with some card and ended up with 8 Backgrounds. Once I had done this I started on the background for this card, I brushed the pen backwards and forwards across the card. then sprayed with water and repeated the process. Once background was dry  used acrylic paint through a stencil to make the moon. stamped the dragons and trees with black archival ink, then stamped the stars versamark, using a soft brush, brushed over silver mica powder. To finish off I blended chipped sapphire ink around edge.



These are my 8 backgrounds that I ended up with from my sparkle pen spillage.



No comments:

Post a Comment