Translate

Tuesday 21 May 2019

Sweet Poppy stencils. 

Hello All. 
I’m so happy to tell you that I am now officially on the Sweet Poppy stencils Design team. I feel very honoured to have been asked to join such a wonderful team of designers. 

Sweet Poppy Stencils are back on Hochanda on 21st May @ 11am & 3pm with their fabulous stencils and stamps. Please tune on Tuesday watch Lucy demonstrate some fabulous techniques. 

They also have some wonderful new stamps. 

Broadcasting Live on Sky 673, Freesat channel 817, Freeview channel 85, and streaming in HD online 
www.hochanda.com

Here is a link to the website. 
https://www.sweet-poppy.com/catalog/sweet-poppy-stencil-stamp-dragon-p-1708.html

Sharing some of my samples.
For this sample I have used the Phoenix stencil ,
There was some water colour left on the stencil, so I placed on card 
and spritzed with water. When I noticed the colour spreading onto the card I lifted the stencil.
Cleaned  and dried it, then placed it back onto the dry card and inked through the stencil with 
Archival black ink. 
                                                                                             
For this card I used zig water colour duel tip pens and drew around each part of the stencil with 
the thick end of the pen. Then removed the stencil and spritzed water at it, left it to dry naturally. 
Then inked through stencil with black archival ink. 

This card was made in collaboration with my best friend Tracy Nutton. 
The background was repeated stamping until whole card was covered. 
The eye stamp from the set was coloured with zig water colour pens. The red centre of the eye was coloured 
with sweet poppy stencil mica powder. For the frame I used silver paste sprinkled with red and grey mica powders then heated until it bubbled. Mounted on Black and red card. 

Black tip was stamped in black versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder. 
I then coloured him with zig water colour pens, I scribbled them onto my craft mat then using a little water on a bush I painted the dragon using a gunmetal colour and a beige colour. I stamped the faux skin stamp three times then cut them in 3 different sizes to make the flower. 

Black tip Stencil
   I used navy blue and olive gold mica powders from sweet poppy stencils over silver paste, then heated until paste bubbled. the background was done using the Faux dragon leather back plate, using bundled sage and  crushed olive distress oxide. Words stamped with versafine black onyx ink. 


I used a blue and purple zig pens scribbled onto my craft mat then spritzed with a little water before smooching card onto the colours, drying card in between each colour, coloured the dragon with the same pens, cutting around stamp on the scan and cut, was very happy with the cut was near perfect, then mounted onto card with foam pads. 


I used sparkle pens in blue, green and a little purple onto card then brushed over with a wet paint brush, for the back ground. Dabbed through the castle stencil with archival black ink using a stencil brush. used copper paste through stencil then sprinkled with a little silver mica before heating with heat gun to get the bubbled effect, also used the dragon stencil to make the path to the castle.


Not sure how I made this background, but thought it was fitting for the Phoenix,  
Used translucent paste, then covered in clear mini beads. Once dry placed stencil back in place and with black archival ink coloured the clear beads. was happy with this technique as the phoenix was still translucent and could make out the colours coming though the beads. high-lighted with white pen.  

for my final sample I used the sweet poppy stencil tag die. Using mowed lawn and spiced marmalade oxide inks blended onto my tag, inked through leaf stencil with mowed lawn,  then slashed ink from a green and orange sparkle pen onto the background. Stenciled Dragon with copper paste onto white card, then heated until it bubbled, once dry coloured with zig pens and water, cut out by hand then mounted with foam pads.
Hope you enjoy the shows, look forward to sharing more samples soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment