Translate

Saturday 1 August 2020

Lavinia stamps August challenge

Good morning, beautiful summer sunshine through the widows this morning. 
Well it  is the 1st of August, the start of the Lavinia stamps creative challenge. 
As always Tracey is being very generous by offering a £40 voucher to spend in the Lavinia online store. 
The winner will be chosen at random so everyone is in with a chance.  
The design team have been busy creating inspirational projects to inspire you. 


The theme for August is Orange and lemon, how appropriate for the beautiful weather, we are having at the moment, yesterday here in London, it reached 38’ in my little garden which is a sun trap. 

The challenge runs from the 1st till the 25th August on  Lavinia stamps website   You will find full terms and conditions for entries here as well.

For my first sample I used the new Jalandhar Stamp. 
I heat embossed with wow yellow embossing powder, onto my background that was made with Spiced marmalade and squeezed lemonade distress oxides, I then used one of the new stencils from Lavinia on the background. I masked off Jalandhar to stamp The sea algae with black memento ink, I also stamped the  Marine-kelp with black Memento then coloured with with polychromo pencils. 
I coloured Jalandhar with Zig watercolour pens, then highlighted with grey alcohol pens and Sukara pens. 
Finally stamped the Bubbles with grey Clair ink once dry highlighted with clear sparkle pen, then used glossy accents to fill in the bubble.


For sample 2, I thought I’d have a go at sharing pictures of steps to make this card. I’ve got some extra time to craft this summer as no holiday, will also be spending most of the summer at home. Would very much appreciate any comments on what would make it better. 
Stamps used for this card were: ZemiraHanging-lanternsFlutterbiesHare from the wild hare set.


I started with a background made using the cling film technique, inked card with wild honey and spiced marmalade Distress oxide, then sprayed card and cling film with water, placed cling film on top and left for approx 15 mins before removing cling film. Then using wild honey Distress ink brushed over stencil randomly. 

Next I used a torn piece of copy paper to create a landscape with distress ink. I do like using distress ink over the oxide background. 

Then using versafine onyx black stamped Zemira using stamping platform. Once happy with image dried with a heat gun before highlighting with clear and orange sukara pens. 

Stamped the fluttrbies with spiced marmalade oxide ink. 

Stamped hanging lanterns with spiced marmalade oxide, then highlighted with a clear sukara pen 

Was happy with the brightness behind Zemira, so decided to use a mask and make a sun, 
I used scattered straw ink around mask. 
Finally stamped leaves and lavender using spiced marmalade Distress ink. 

Look forward to seeing all the lovely entries this month. 
Please take care and stay safe. 
Will be back with a mid month reminder on the 12th of August. 



No comments:

Post a Comment